Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dizzy-Me World

One more week...yes, 7 days...til we get to chase rats, ornery ducks, and accident-prone dogs. We're going to Disney World!

I must give Mrs. Wildman credit - she took this challenge on single-handedly, without any encouragement or assistance from me (probably more in spite of me!) and lined up everything for this trip. If it works out well, she may be in charge of all future vacations!

The kids are old enough to take in all the sites, activities, and fun, yet young enough to still appreciate the "magic" of the Kingdom. It's going to be an action-packed, full schedule trip, but should be a good time. Frankly, I haven't been excited about this trip, but I am looking forward to just hanging with the family in a land far, far away from here. Maybe we can sneak in a little "princess and prince charming" time one evening...? I hope so.

Do you guys (both my readers) have any Disney pointers/tips for us before we go?

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You guys are going to have such a BLAST!!! Seriously, it'll be awesome!

My tips:
1. since you have the dining plan, eat good. when given the choice between a burger and lobster tail - go for it!

2. on some of the "bigger" rides, plan around fast-passes...more entertainment in less time.

3. our favorite (considering the ages of the kids...and us too) was MGM. Loved the tower of terror and the aerosmith rockin' rollercoaster. We did multiple, multiple times on each.

4. if the kids want a souvenir, let them get it right away. that way, there's no "obsessing" about gift shops and cheap toys:)

I'm sure I'll think of more...but since I live right next door - we'll chat!

Tammy said...

Hello???? ARe you still there??? Or has an addiction to Facebook overtaken your blogging? :)