Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Great Facebook Experiment

Speaking of trips...whoa, facebook is a total trip! When Tammy talked about "getting with the times" and signing up on facebook, I'll admit - there was a twinge of "I'm not 18, so I'm not signing up!" in the back of my mind. After a series of interesting turns over a number of months, however, I found myself logging on and building a profile. Then the deluge began and the trip got funky.

Friend Requests - by the end of day 3, I was up to 20 or so friends, about 80% of them being relatives of mine. I have added a couple of friends that I literally have no idea who they are. Their profiles say we went to high school together, they're friends with people I know, but I cannot figure them out?!?!? I've hit the Ignore button on a couple of them 3-4 times, but they keep sending requests. Finally, I caved and just added them so I could see their profile and try to figure it out. No luck.

On the bright side, I have since reconnected with my old college roommate from BSU (Beer Slammin' University), multiple childhood friends, and even the world famous Ducka! Sorry to report he has hit some tough times recently, but things are looking up. We actually had coffee last Saturday and caught up a bit - had a great time. You can look for a new Ducka post soon, especially since he reminded me of a couple stories I'd forgotten!

Anyway, sorry for the hiatus from the Wildman Blog, but fb is addicting! That being said, I'm back, baby! I'm back! (think George Costanza style...see the below clip @ 3:36)

No comments: