Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mr. BrownCUP

Thanks to those who asked about my Kick the Cup campaign. I'll openly admit I'm a massive failure! There. I said it. I actually did very good for about 3 days, then I fell off the wagon. I felt better, more calm, and my stomach felt better...but what fun is that? I guess I like this monkey on my back.

My relationship with coffee/caffeine was best described by my good high school friend, Axl Rose, and his buddies that made up a band called Guns & Roses. The lyrics to Mr. Brownstone were written about Slash's heroin addiction, but it ain't that far off the mark for the 'Bou and 'Bucks lovers:
I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
Cause worryin's a waste of my...time

[Chorus:]
We been dancin' with
Mr. BrownCUP
He's been knockin'
He won't leave me alone

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

[Chorus]

(this part is when I'm OFF caffeine)
Now I get up around whenever
I used ta get up on time
But that old man
he's a real $*(%&##$*(
Gonna kick him on down the line

Okay, I confess, Axl wasn't really a high school friend of mine, but I listened to enough G&R in high school & college to feel like it.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Too funny! I love G&R...reminds me of the good 'ol days!

I never thought about the lyrics to that song. Hmmmm. I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Coffee's alright for me. I guess I'd actually rather smell it than drink it. Believe it or not - my favorite coffee-type drink is Vanilla cappucino from a gas station. Weird, huh?