Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Stock Market Sucks

So I work for a major financial company in the US.
More specifically, I do IT work for a stock options trading group.

Does that make me a stock market guru?
Hell no! So quit asking me for stock tips!

Just to illustrate my point: my personal portfolio (haha - using that term loosely) is down 12.19% from last year at this time.
Still want those stock tips, pal?





I'm thinking savings bonds. Yeah, savings bonds.
And the rest, under my mattress. Yeah, that works.
Maybe I'll bury some in the back yard too.
(I'll do it at night so Tammy & Bill won't see me)

Or maybe I need this:















Anyone have any good stock tips or other "proven" safe investments?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Just so you know, we have a motion-detector-security-video-camera aimed on your backyard at all times...

Johnny Virgil said...

Atwood Oceanics.

Also, good time to pick up some RIMM since they tanked today.

And Netflix.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the extra help...I don't know that I fit the last parameter, but...

Also, my stock market tip is this. Buy the good stuff...it'll get through this crappy period and bounce back. That'll be 100 dollars.