Monday, April 14, 2008

Is your boss cranky?
















Glad I don't have this guy barkin' down my neck, but I AM glad the MN Wild do! This crabby dude would certainly get me motivated, though I'd probably be busting my butt with a smurk on my face due to his funky French-Canadian accent. Hah!

I once worked for a guy who rolled his snowmobile in the middle of the night when he was drunk - on his way home from the bar. It threw him 30' off the snowmobile trail and he got wedged in the crotch of a birch tree. He couldn't move and only had one arm free - just enough to reach his cigarettes and lighter. He smoked the rest of the pack while trying to stay alert and watch for his buddies to come find him. They did...3hrs later, and he gave them a royal ass chewin'!

Moral of the story: we never pissed off Mr. Beer (ironic name, eh?) and basically lived in fear the entire summer. Did I mention he was trying to quit smoking that summer? I've never seen anyone chew so much Nicorette gum...or throw a riding lawnmower across the shop floor out of frustration during a nic-fit.

Ever had a boss like that? Drop me a comment about your "winner".

Oh, I almost forgot: GO WILD! Kick some Av-Butt tonight!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow - I've never had a boss as "cranky" as Mr. Beer, but I've had a couple memorable ones:

Robin something-or-other was the shift manager at the Perkins were I worked for a couple semesters during college. She was in a chronically crabby mood. The main thing I remember about her was her advice not to worry too much about my first "real" job since waitressing at Perkins was probably THE most stressful job I'd ever have. Hmmmmmm???

Elaine - one of my nurse managers years ago was just so....scary. Nothing particular comes to mind over than - fear.