Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mike-O? Mick-Oooh? Mikko!

Mikko Koivu (pronounced MEE-koh, KOY-voo), the fancy Finlander, busted his cajoles last night to show us how it's done. That boy deserves a cookie...and a Stanley Cup.

The Wild & Avs went to overtime again, doing nothing good for my blood pressure or beer consumption levels. Mrs. Wildman fell asleep on the couch next to me as I cringed, jumped, oohh'd and aaah'd with every breakaway, slapshot, and cheap shot from the Avalanche players. (How can you fall asleep during WILD PLAYOFF HOCKEY, honey?) I ended up waking her a few times when I launched off the couch each time we scored, and she shared a half-coherent mumbling "Yeah...go Wild..." to the mix.

Life is good. And will get better TONIGHT when we take #3 from the Avs in their own house. Game on!

Oh, just thought I'd also share a pic of last night's refs - do they look familiar? The Avs got a good return on whatever they paid for them to call the game to their advantage. Those guys were horrible!



Lastly, had to add one more pic that makes me smile. Forsberg...on the ice...where he belongs, getting a little "education" from the Wild's Sean Hill. Man, I love hockey.

No comments: