Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mr. Browncup NOW Mr. Blackcan

(For those who tuned in for my Mr. Browncup posts...)

UPDATE: I love caffeine.

Ok, so that's not really much of an update, but it gives context to my illogical tactic in getting off coffee. We all know people who have tried to quit smoking, so they start chewing tobacco, right? Makes sense. Yeah, well I guess that line of reasoning is one I've chosen here as well.

While on vacation a couple weeks ago at "The Lake", big brother Buck got me hooked on the B-vitamin high (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12) delivered directly from Mr. Blackcan, aka, Monster Energy Drinks. Never tried 'em before - only tasted a Red Bull once, and I wanted to hurl. This was a whole different beast altogether (pun intended). The basic green Monster was what I tried first, and really liked it. Then I stumbled on to the orange Monster Khaos - hey, it's got real juice in it - it must be healthy, right? According to the can:
It's Alive...
Monster Khaos, an insane
Juice-Monster hybrid bubbling
with the great Monster taste
and the big bad buzz you
know and love.
50% juice - 100% Monster!

The best part for me: it doesn't rip a hole through me like a few cups of coffee will. I'm sure I'll probably die from the inordinate amounts of sugar in this crap, but at least I'll die with my eyes WIDE OPEN.

WARNING: the Java flavored Monsters are horrible IMO. Even as a coffee lover, I've never been able to gracefully make the transition to iced-coffee drinks, and this was no exception. Yuck.

So, GAME ON, just like a fresh-out-of-ritalin ADHD kid...

No comments: